Now that you're saved, there are some things God wants you to do.
- Baptism. Baptism is the first step of obedience, and it's the first thing you should do after you get saved.
In Acts 8, Phillip (an apostle) led a man to Christ, and the first thing the man did after getting saved was to get baptized:
Acts 8:36-38 - And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
- Fellowship. After we are saved, God wants us to spend time with other Christians. That includes going to a good church regularly, and spending time with Christians outside of church. Hebrews 10:25 - Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
- Listen to what your pastor says you should do. Your pastor is there to teach you about God and what the Bible says about how you're supposed to live, so you should listen to him. Matthew 28:20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- Pray. Prayer is how we communicate with God. It keeps our relationship close with God. Luke 18:1 - And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;
- Read and study your Bible. God's primary means of communication with us is through our reading of His Word (the Bible), though He does speak to us in other ways, like through other people and through our conscience. The Bible is also referred to as God's love letter to us. Romans 10:17 - So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Tell others about Christ! Once we are saved, God wants us to tell others about Jesus so that they can go to Heaven, too. Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.